Sunday, September 9, 2012

Lynne ~ Lyme Disease

I was bitten June 9, 2009.

Within days I was at the local ER, near death, diagnosed with Rickettsia, aka Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever.

Given 7 days of Doxy and sent on my merry way. I never recovered. Starting having tons of strange symptoms, the worst being the BLINDING headaches. Started the progression of seeing dr's - each one having their own opinion and only treating the current symptom. I could no longer do my work as a Horticulturist...I could not stand to be outside. Had to change careers - which lead me to discover my former employer did not file for my medical bills to be covered by Alabama Worker's Comp. My former employer is actually fighting me in court over Worker's Comp Claim. During my research I discovered Chronic Rickettsia, which lead me to Dr Cecile Jadin in Johannesburg South Africa, she put me in touch with The Rudy's in Michigan, and SHaron sent me to you... and then... after more research, I learned that I most likely have co infections.

And yes, I have Lyme Disease too - all from ONE tick bite.
Lyme disease has destroyed my stomach and my gallbladder. Had my gallbladder removed June 28, 2012.
I have Lyme Encephalitis, neurological and cognitive damage ; seizures - tons of issues with the swollen brain.
I will have to be placed on IV antibiotics, due to the damage my stomach has endured from Lyme Disease, I cannot take oral antibiotics.
I have lost everything. I have lost contact with my friends. Lost my boyfriend of 12 years to a 30 yr old bartender.
My family all say they "Hope I Get Well Soon"...but that's about the extent of that...
I miss myself... I have not been outside in 3 years; can't tolerate the heat, the light - have insane fear of ticks and being bitten again.

No comments:

Post a Comment