Sunday, September 9, 2012

Welcome to "Faces of Invisible Illnesses"

Hello everyone,

 The reason I am making this blog is because after fifteen years of being sick I finally got diagnosed with Lyme Disease. Through the years I had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Panic Disorder, Bulging Disks, Anemia and the list goes on and on. I was suspected of having Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Diabetes, and many many more. Through over twenty one years of being sick, eight since my Lyme Disease diagnosis, I am nowhere close to any kind of recovery.

But that being said, it has opened my eyes to how similar all these different diseases are. Each time I was "labeled" with something new, I would dig into that diagnosis and study it to see what it was all about, the cause, the treatment, the cure.  But I noticed a pattern of there being, "no known cause" for many of these diagnoses. I also noticed the symptoms I had could fit in with any number of these conditions. On top of that, I noticed there is no known tests for most of these conditions, and the ones that do have tests are either very inaccurate or left up to interpretation by a physician.

It just made me uncomfortable to think one doctor can label me with fibromyalgia, while another suspected MS, yet one doctor insisted my Lyme test was positive while another said it was negative.

My Conclusion
All doctors are guessing. They have no more of an idea to what is causing me to be sick then I do. Well actually, I feel like I have a better idea. I don't know what "triggered" my illness, possibly lyme, possibly a combination of factors..the "perfect storm" if you will, of being exposed to bacteria, viruses, parasites, stress, environmental factors such as pesticides, whatever is in chem trails, heavy metals, toxins, food preservatives, chemicals and all the other things we get exposed to. I have never had a doctor ask me about my diet or environment. I find that interesting since, in my research, I have found that diet is "key" to health.

Not all doctors are created equal. Even though we were taught as we grew up that doctors were practically "Gods," they are not. They are all on their own learning paths and some have little control over how they treat or even how long they are allowed to talk to a patient. They are governed by insurance companies, IDSA guildelines, HMOs, pharmaceutical companies and the FDA. Medical politics. It' s a shame. But there are a lot of doctors out there that are trying to figure this out.

If I refer to a particular doctor  on here, it is because I believe they are truly trying to help the patient and are not settling for the "labels" that mainstream medicine is trying to give us.

No comments:

Post a Comment